Product Update - Straatos 2019 product release delivers enhanced user security and performances
Luzern, Switzerland, 18 Feb 2019 - CumulusPro is pleased to announce new security and service performance enhancements that are made available in Straatos BPM Platform in February 2019.
These enhancements are now available to Straatos customers in Europe, customers from Switzerland and Asia will expect to see these features in March 2019.
- SAML-based Single-Sign-On (SSO) with Microsoft Azure Active Directory - In this new release, Straatos supports Single-Sign-On with Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) (XML-based framework for authentication and authorization between two entities: a Service Provider and an Identity Provider (IdP)). Users are not required to sign in again when accessing Straatos, if their access has already been authenticated by the Microsoft Azure Active Directory (ldP). At the same time, user accounts are added automatically in Straatos during users first successful login and assigned a configurable default role.
- Enhanced Straatos security - User password policies like ‘minimum password length’, ‘Passwords Must Meet Complexity Requirements policy (eg passwords cannot contain user names), and weak passwords checks are now available.
- Anti-DDoS protection - A new “incremental delayed login retry” feature is added into Straatos user security. This feature protects Straatos Cloud Services against any malicious distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack by software bots. After a number of unsuccessful login attempts, each subsequent login retry interval will be incrementally delayed.
- Custom password policies - Straatos administrators can now create separate password policies for user groups. Each policy are configurable with maximum login retries (before account lockout), session timeout limit, password history enforcement (restricts the use of old passwords), and minimum password age(forces the user to change their passwords regularly after a number of days).
- Improved performance with new queue management - A new process tasks queuing engine is implemented in Straatos to handle high volume processing of tasks and backend processes. With this in place, CumulusPro users are guaranteed consistent service performance, even during peak periods.
“SAML simplifies life for administrators because it centralises authentication, provides greater visibility and makes directory integration easier. These are some of the reasons why we think our customers would love this long awaited feature.” said Roger Vial, VP Product Management of CumulusPro. “To deliver a consistent user experience to our users, the new queuing framework ensures backend tasks processing are handled efficiently with minimal performance deterioration during peak periods characterized by sudden volume spikes.”
Click here to learn more on Straatos BPM platform.
CumulusPro helps businesses to rapidly transform to digital enterprises by connecting people, process and application. Our cloud-based Business Process Management Platform - Straatos is designed to revolutionise how organisations and public institutions digitally communicate and collaborate with their customers, citizen, and partners. Digital enterprises typically improve their customer experience, and increase customer satisfaction, business efficiency, and productivity while reducing cost and time to market.
Visit Straatos page for more information.
For further information, please contact:
Sr. Vice President, Marketing